Friday, August 2, 2013

What to Expect From Me

Hi mom! (Because I know you're going to be one of the only one who will read this, despite the few Rollins folks who were bored enough to venture through The Sandspur to find travel blogs...)

In the Spring of 2013, I somehow was volunteered to blog about my experiences for The Sandspur as I travel abroad to Spain. Here's the first confession: I'm not a blogger. First-timer, noob, whatever you internet junkies call it nowadays. That's me. So, as a warning, this is probably going to be different from what you expected. I wondered, "What's the best way to track my experiences abroad without boring you half to death".  I thought of three things that most everyone likes: food, wine, and laughter. I love all of these things equally. I would consider myself an honest person, so I wanted to title my blog with the three things you'll probably see most on this page. Sure, there will be your occasional historic landmark, many embarrassing stories I'm sure, stories about language barriers and understanding Catholic Mass in todo Español (I'll throw some Spanish in here and there...you've gotta learn something from this blog, right?), and breathtaking landscapes...but food, wine, and laughter will be the staples of this blog. My intent is to make you laugh, entertain you, and allow you to feel as though you're apart of it too! Because, chances are, if you've taken the time to seek out and read this blog, I'm missing you!

I leave you with the popular quote by Henry Miller: "One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things". And that's exactly what I am praying for.


No comments:

Post a Comment